LIP PEEL | INTENSE RESTORATION
Chemical Peels for the Lip Area
To take care of your lips, it’s important to protect them from cracking and irritation. Unlike facial skin, lips have only three to five cellular layers, so it’s important to use a moisturizer that won’t penetrate too deeply. If you’re looking to rejuvenate your lips, chemical peels are an effective option for both the upper and lower lips.
Lip Peel Benefits
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Patients with an allergy to any peel ingredient listed above, or to aspirin
- Patients who have used Accutane within the past 6 months
- Patients who have open wounds, sunburn, infected skin, cold sores or lesions. Patients with a history of cold sores (herpes simplex) may be given an antiviral 3 days prior to the peel
- Patients who have recently had treatments such as waxing, electrolysis or chemical exfoliants
- Patients who are undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy
- Patients with a history of an autoimmune disease or any condition that may weaken the immune system
Chemicals peels sting but do not cause a great deal of pain. The gentlest peels use alpha-hydroxy, glycolic, lactic or fruit acids are also gentle. They may cause stinging, redness, irritation and crusting but as the skin begins to adjust all these problems will lessen. Trichloroacetic acids are used for stronger peelings. They remove wrinkles, superficial blemishes and pigment problems. Phenol is the strongest of all treatments and removes deep lines and wrinkles on the face. These types of treatments sting more than those with the gentler acids. After the treatment there may be redness, swelling and irritation but the use of creams and gels will reduce these effects. The doctor may also prescribe medications that will help relieve the problems after the peel.
• Temporary or permanent change in skin color, particularly for women on birth control pills, who subsequently become pregnant or have a history of brownish facial discoloration.
- Reactivation of cold sores
Ageless Beauty Laser & Spa is located in Surrey, BC. We offer safe and comfortable medical grade laser treatments and spa treatments.
- Redness (erythema) lasts between 1 to 24 hours.
- Temporary sensation of heat and itchiness immediately following treatment.
- Light to moderate exfoliation, lasting from 1 to 7 days.
- Skin will generally flake off, actual peeling may not occur.
- The amount of peeling does not correlate with degree to improvement.
- Please follow the recommended procedures to avoid infection or any damage to the skin:
- Do not pick or pull any flaking skin
- Do not scratch or rub treated area
- Do not apply ice on treated area
- After the chemical peel, skin will be more sensitive to direct sun exposure. For the following 2 weeks it is important to use a reflective sunscreen containing zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide.
- A chemical peel is formulated to remove the build up of dead skin cells in the stratum corneum (the top layer of the skin). This prepares the skin to be more accepting and readily absorbs topical products. It is highly recommended to apply active ingredients especially at this time to hydrate, moisturize, correct and protect your skin from free radicals which contribute to premature aging. professional products with concentrated amounts of active ingredients will improve acne breakouts, reduce pigmentation and diminish the appearance of fine lines and skin laxity.
- Professional home care products will both enhance and also extend the results of your treatment.
2 DAYS POST TREATMENT:
- No swimming
- No hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas or excessively hot showers
- No excessive heat, campfires, aerobic activity
7 DAYS POST TREATMENT:
- No Waxing, Threading or Chemical Depilatories
- No use of facial hair Bleaching Products
- No use of Retinol A and Retinoid products
- No use of Scrubs, Exfoliants, abrasive pads or gloves
- No use of topical AHA/BHA and all other exfoliants topical skin care products
14 DAYS POST TREATMENT
- No Tanning Beds
- No Direct Sun Exposure – * USE SUNSCREEN
- No Microdermabrasion or Chemical Peels
- No Laser Hair Removal or Laser Facial Treatments
- No IPL (intense pulse light) Facial Treatments and Photo-Rejuvenation
- No Botox Injections and Derma Fillers